Monday, February 9, 2009

What Now???


On the Jukebox: "You Sang to Me" by Marc Anthony
Mood: Improving
Quote: "Cancel my subscription; I'm over your issues!" ~ Teena McGeener
Flair: Tastes Winterfresh!


I've spent to the better part of the last few months procrastinating on my presentation. Now it's over and done with. So it begs the question: "What now?" Answer: I have no clue. It really depends on many factors that are beyond my control such as where Grant will get a job and whether that means we need to sell our home and move elsewhere. Do I take the proactive approach and start packing or stick my head in the sand and procrastinate as long as possible? I don't know!!!

I guess the best thing to do is to carry on as normal. Keep doing all my church callings as if I were going to be around for the RS Enrichment activity in August and such. Keep associating with people instead of trying to wean myself away from my friendships. Keep my pretty belongings out where I can enjoy their aesthetic value. Keep getting out of bed every morning and breathing in and out even though it hurts. Keep writing ED:2 so that the local book club can read the first draft before anything happens. Keep on keeping on...

BUT - I just want to scream. Is it over yet! What's going on? What is it that I'm supposed to be doing? Hey Universe! Didn't you get my order? I thought it was supposed to be instantaneous and stuff - this isn't at all what I visualized. My patience is wearing thin. Where's my game plan? What's the real secret? How long am I supposed to deal with this limbo? It's getting old and I'm about to take my ball and go home! I hate feeling like I'm wasting precious time but I have no idea what it is that I'm supposed to be doing with it. The funny thing is that I'm still ultra busy. How does that make any sense? Universe: you've got some explaining to do!

No comments: