Thursday, February 5, 2009

Award-Whining Journalism



On the Jukebox: "I Wish I Cared" by A-ha
Mood: Needs Improvement & Chocolate!
Quote: "Oh look everything's back to normal. Now what?" ~ Lost
Flair: What I'm Selling


NEWS FLASH: I've officially reached the half way point in the Ethereal Dreamer (ED) Trilogy. WOOT!!! If all goes well I may regain my sanity and establish healthy sleeping patterns by Christmas. One of my uber fans asked me what my next writing project will be. I laughed. I think it's time I recycle some of my shorter stories and stay away from long, complicated, supernatural sagas. I've got several Blogs that need overhaulin' - now that's some journalism worth noticing...

I hope with ED, I will have resolved the various story lines satisfactory without going saccharine. I don't want to pull a Stephenie Meyer and 'jump the shark' - in my humble opinion Twilight would have been a much better series if she stuck to her original idea. There was money to be made and she caved to the pressure of the agents and publishers. Then they didn't pull the reigns in on her to stop her from ending it so badly. What an anti climatic disappointment. Awck! Let me be clear - if killing Jerusha or Simon is what it takes to keep my artistic integrity - then by golly gumdrops that's what I'll do!

There is one thing that concerns me: the curse of overnight success. Look what it did to Margaret Mitchell. She felt she could never top the popularity of Gone With the Wind so she was afraid to even try. I do not want to be a one hit wonder, but nor do I wish to crank out drivel. What's a gal to do? I guess I should have a chat with J.K. and see what she's up to. I hear that pseudonyms are a good way to go. At least I know if all else fails, I can be the next Anita Stansfield, ummm... thank you?

No comments: