Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Comment


On the Jukebox: "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)" by Nine Days
Mood: Gettin' Better All the Time...
Quote: "Go that way, really fast; if something gets in your way . . . turn." ~ Better Off Dead
Flair: TTL, Not!


Blah blah blah blog... right? Did I mention it is snowing yet again? And my fingers are cold. And I'm not quite awake. And I am in desperate need of chocolate. I know I should take my blog serious every day and not just on the days when I'm doing my mental warm up for writing BUT did I also mention I was taking the week off?

Yep, yesterday I spent 45 minutes scrubbing the shower in the master bathroom with cleanser. I absolutely loathe cleanser - probably more than I loathe dirty showers. Now I'll admit my house is not the cleanest but it's definitely not the dirtiest either. It used to be my habit to dust and vacuum every day whether it needed it or not. I didn't have much of a life back then. Now I'm satisfied with vacuuming once a week and dusting as needed. Why? Because there are only two people who live here and so it's not like the household of seven I grew up in that tracked dirt in by the truck load. Why should I do laundry every week if it actually takes two weeks to make a full load of whites and a full load of darks? It's about working smarter not harder.

So about that shower - I clean it on a regular basis, but this was the deep scrubbing, 'act like you might be moving out and want your deposit back' sort of cleaning. I do that like twice a year. Seriously who has 45 minutes to spend on a shower every week? I know you'll say "If you cleaned it more often then you wouldn't spend 45 minutes on it." Oh yeah? Who died and made you Don Aslett? I know how to clean, I learned from the cleaning guru himself - and I know he's not dead. Now if you'll excuse me I have a microwave oven that is in need of some TLC - typically lame cleaning.

No comments: