Friday, February 20, 2009

She Breaks For Rainbows


On the Jukebox: "Everybody's Changing" by Keane
Mood: Spiffy
Quote: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." ~ The Shawshank Redemption
Flair: Sharing Time


"Though she hasn't that much to say, she knows where the rain goes... she breaks for rainbows. Fly Brenda fly! Window in the weather, flowers in her hair, footprints on the ceiling... how did they get there?" ~ B-52's

I've been contemplating my fate as a Flibbertigibbet and have decided it could be so much worse. I mean, I could be normal! What fun would that be? I like being whimsical. I'm so relieved to have the overactive sort of imagination. Life would be dull if I didn't stop to smell the roses and admire the rainbows in puddles at the gas station. I like that I go off on wild tangents and can't stay focused on things even when I find them engrossing. It's not ADHD unless that stands for Actively Dreaming in High Definition. Even when I am absorbing the most fascinating information I am already busy trying to synthesize it into something I can use. For example this morning I was watching something on The Learning Channel about ESP and at the same time I was asking myself 'How can I use this?' and my mind went about 20 different places. Do I have a point? Yes! When people ask me how I come up with my stories or how I know so many things the answer is simple: "I'm a Flibbertigibbet!"

No comments: