Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spilt Milk & Cookies


On the Jukebox: "Fall at Your Feet" by Crowded House
Quote: "Leave my elevator alone!" ~ Blast From the Past
Flair: No contest


I hate to admit it but I've sucked down a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies in a matter of days. Grant brought back two boxes of Thin Mints when he returned from his recent road trip Saturday night. We shared the first box on Sunday while watching TV. That seemed to curb the terrible craving for a while. Then today I opened the fridge and saw the shiny foil tube of chilled cookies just taunting me. So naturally, I shared that package with Grant to teach the cookies a lesson. Now there is only one tube left.

I am sad because like most good things it won't last. I'm certain it will take a miracle if that package manages not to be devoured before the end of the week. Luckily, Grant made a fabulous cake for one of my friend's birthdays and I brought a few slices back home. It's a stay of execution for the remaining cookies. In my defense I'd like to point out that there are fewer cookies in the box this year - another victim of the economy. Upon reflection I've concluded that it's because these cookies are rare collector's items that I enjoy glutting myself on them. If I could buy them on any shopping trip you can bet that I would eat them about as much as I eat Oreos - which is about once every two years.

No comments: