Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slacker?


On the Jukebox: "This is Ponderous" by 2NU
Quote: "Whoever wrote this episode should die!" ~ Galaxy Quest
Flair: Tragedy


I've decided to take the day off sort of... I haven't really got much accomplished this week even though I've stayed busy. For example, today I sorted through almost 300 floppy disks - gleaning what was still useful before throwing them away. It took all morning. The A drive is so slow! I'm glad that I don't have use for it any more now that I've taken care of that chore. Whew! The thing is even though I was busy, you can't really see what I accomplished.

That thought pretty much sums up my week. I went to the gym and exercised but you can't tell that either. It's not like the results are instantaneous (wouldn't that be nice?) I did some stuff for my church callings too. Can't tell that either. I cooked, cleaned, got groceries, ran a load of whites, and a load of dishes but so what? It just piles back up the moment your back is turned. I wish I had something to show for my efforts. Some might believe I was a slacker if I didn't record what I accomplished.

That's how it goes. I once saw a joke where a husband comes home from work and finds the house in shambles. He asks his wife why it looks that way. Her reply was, "You know all that stuff I say I do when you're at work? Well I didn't do any of it today!" Yeah, that sums up my week. Amen Sister! It's the same for all of us - whether your job is at home or in an office. Sometimes doing something gives us the appearance of treading water. We're not slackers so much as balance keepers.

No comments: