Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bring in the New Year











On the Jukebox: "The New Year" by Death Cab for Cutie
Mood: Optimistic
Quote: "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~ Walt Disney
Flair: Bring it!


Happy New Year! I'm catching onto a pattern as this seems to happen approximately every 365 days. I still don't understand the need to evaluate the passing year in a pessimistic sense and turn to the next with unrealistic expectations. Surely, every passing year had something great to offer us. Trials we overcame, goals we mastered, journeys taken, and relationships we strengthened. The key is to focus on the positives and then it is easy to see the gift each day offers us. May 2012 be our best year yet!

No comments: